Microdosing For Cognitive Enhancement
Most people know about microdosing and it’s written either microdosing or micro-dosing and both are considered correct. It’s a technique to study the behavior of drugs in human body that are unlikely to produce whole body effects. There are different microdoses like microdosing mushroom lasts for four hours and LSD microdosing lasts for five hours.
In this post, we will talk about microdosing for cognitive enhancement, its benefits, risks and other details as well.
Cognitive Benefits of Microdosing
When it comes to the benefits of microdosing benefits, there is a long debate whether how they affect, what are their advantages, risks associated and other concerns of the people. It should be noted the use of microdosing is illegal and there are no particular studies that show the results or benefits associated with it.
Many people use microdosing mushroom for many reasons. First, the mushrooms are naturally grown and what they are ingesting is 100% psilocybin. It should also be noted that the dosage is also important and has a great role. Everyone should be careful while giving the dose.
The dose is not meant to be high enough to cause distortions in your perception of reality. The results and effects can be noticeable and you can continue working throughout the day without any particular issues or problems. However, the recommended amount is between 0.1 and 0.5 grams.
What We Found?
Now coming to the benefits, we could not find any special or remarkable studies with results and benefits of small dose. However, there are a large number of studies with large dose and the results are noticeable. The effects of such dose are huge and they affect the brain through which the scientists or researchers have concluded the findings.
The benefits are as follows:
- They are good for creativity. The microdosing mushrooms or microdosing LSD improve your creativity and you find a remarkable improvement soon after the dose. This is very interesting to find out that how it affects cognitive and helps increase creativity.
- Another amazing benefit is that they are helpful for people with anxiety. The small amounts are really good to reduce anxiety and live a normal life. So, people with anxiety or depression problems can benefit from microdosing.
- Similar is the next benefit. And that’s they are great for – improving productivity of the people. In the first point, we discussed the improved creativity and it is obvious that when you become more creative, the productivity also increases. It is amazing to see such great and amazing benefits of microdosing.
- Heightened awareness was another benefit the small dose has delivered according to multiple studies done so far. Now everything makes sense that why people take microdosing despite the fact that it is illegal. When you are getting so many benefits and improvement in your work, productivity, awareness, creativity and reduction in anxiety, who will not consider using it.
- It also develops a greater sense of presence among the users and the people who are taking micro dosing.
Though microdosing has been around for years, it has recently become more popular and a major subject of discussion on online forums. That being said, there doesn’t seem to be much scientific research about the benefits and health risks related to microdosing MDMA, either crystals/powder or pills. Much of the information about microdosing MDMA comes directly from those who have experienced it for themselves.
How to Microdose MDMA
For those interested in microdosing MDMA themselves, there are some things to consider and steps to take to make sure you’re getting the full experience that you want.
- Consider what type of MDMA you want to microdose – MDMA usually comes in two forms: crystals that can be ground into powder (Molly) or pills (Ecstasy). Molly, or “Crystal”, is generally accepted to be the safer route because it’s thought to be a more pure form of MDMA, without added chemicals and other drugs. It can also be taken in different ways, including: ingestion of the crystals or powder, snorting, or mixing it with liquid. As for Ecstasy, it can also be ingested, or, after grinding the pill into powder, it can be smoked, snorted, or shot up.
- How Much MDMA is right for you – Opinions on how much should be taken vary. Between the many people who reported microdosing MDMA themselves, anywhere between 5mg and 35mg was suitable. Everyone is different and how much you take depends on your tolerance level. If you’re a newbie, try starting at 5mg. If you’re an expert you may need to raise the milligrams until you hit the right spot.
- How often you should microdose – Again, the opinions on this varied. Some users took it once or twice a week, total. Some microdosed once every day, for a week. Others used every 2-4 hours every day for a week. Everyone does agree on one thing; after microdosing for a week, you need to take a month or longer break for your serotonin levels to replenish (more about that, below). No one agrees that microdosing MDMA for long periods of time is a smart, or feasible, thing to do.
Why You Should or Shouldn’t Use MDMA
- What You Gain From Microdosing MDMA
● There have been multiple scientific studies that used small doses of MDMA for therapeutic use. Studies have shown that small doses of pure MDMA can help with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and anxiety.
● People also seem to have gained multiple benefits such as: focusing or studying better, staying awake longer, increased energy, being more emotionally open, and not experiencing negative emotions.
- Potential Side Effects
● The main concern recorded by both users and scientific studies is the change to your serotonin levels. While using MDMA your serotonin levels are boosted. After expending so much serotonin, it can take your body months to get back up to normal levels. If your serotonin is low, you can feel symptoms such as: depression, anxiety, insomnia, low self-esteem, low sex-drive, etc.
● Users have recorded having long hangovers after coming down. In the most extreme situation, the user who microdosed every 2-4 hours, said the hangover lasted weeks during which time they didn’t get out of bed, missed weeks of University classes, turned their phone off, and didn’t want to see any other people. Others said they just didn’t feel “normal”.
The overwhelming consensus is that, though microdosing MDMA feels good at the time, it’s not worth the comedown and the dropped serotonin levels. If you do want to microdose MDMA, do it safely.